Top 5 Best Guitar Sustain Pedal 2020
- The PLUS Pedal is a piano style sustain pedal for guitars and all other melodic instruments. It samples, sustains and layers any melodic sound made by any instrument.
- Universal sustain pedal with chrome foot pedal for a natural, realistic pedal action
- Real-time sample capture with perfect loopingLatch mode for infinite sustain at the touch of a momentary switch
- BOSS CS-3 COMPRESSION SUSTAINER PEDAL: The CS-3 Compression Sustainer pedal compresses louder signals while boosting lower signals, providing smooth sustain without degrading the original sound quality. This is the perfect pedal for guitarists and bassists who want to sound their best.
- FET compressor that has three simple controls: Volume, Compression, and Blend
Last update on 2020-08-21 at 23:10 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
According to M-Audio, the SP-2 “is the perfect product for keyboard players who want the most realistic pedal action. The SP-2 model is used in the same manner as the sustain pedal on an acoustic piano.
This classic-style pedal works with any M-Audio keyboard. Designed to work and feel just like an acoustic piano’s sustain pedal, it has a specially designed rubber bottom that grips the floor and stays put while you play. The SP-2 is a high-quality switchable damper pedal.”
Alright, now that you know what a sustain pedal is, let’s explain to you why we recommend the one by M-Audio SP-2 while some digital pianos don’t come with their pedals, most models available on the market already come with pedals.
Now, you may ask why to get one separately when you’re already getting them. Unlike traditional acoustic pianos, few digital or electric pianos come with cheap-quality pedals. These can be a disappointment.
The SP-2 by M-Audio is very affordable. So spending an extra $10-$20 on this accessory can do wonders and improve your experience.
As is goes for the sound, the pedal itself does not make any sound. That’s a good thing, or else it’d be a distraction. With it’s heavyweight and rubber non-slide bottoms, it won’t slide or slip away on the floor. It stays put and won’t make any marks or scratches on your floor. Since they are authentic full-size pedals, you get the feel of a grand piano.
Just by looking at, you can tell this thing is of high-quality. The chrome pedal and rubber-coated shell not only made the SP-2 attractive but also add to the durability of it, mainly thanks to the heavy-duty mechanism.
If you do get one of these M-Audio pedals, be sure to flip the switch underneath the pedal. If you do so, the pedal will start working correctly, as it should. With the other setting, the function is reversed. It will sustain every note you play when the pedal isn’t pressed. When it is pressed, the sustaining stops.
The purpose of these settings is different electrical wiring purposes. If you find that the pedal is sustaining when it shouldn’t, flip the switch. Then the notes will sustain when the pedal is pressed down. It’s opposite and makes the pedal work as it should.
The M-Audio SP-2 is also very compact. Whether you use it at home for practice or take it to a concert hall for a performance, it works great anywhere. Everything about it works, looks, and feels right, as it should. No wonder it’s a best seller.
Last but not least, this accessory for your digital piano is very affordable and is worth every penny. We recommend it for those who don’t have a pedal or are disappointed with the cheap one they have.