If you want your child to develop their guitar skills quickly, you should buy a small guitar. Since children have shorter arms, they need smaller guitars.
For children seven years and under would use 1/2 size electric guitars while those 11 years and under would use 3/4 size electric guitars. Usually, those over the age of 11 can use full-size guitars.
Top 5 Electric Guitar For Kids
When you need a child acoustic guitar, look no further. Here are the top child electric guitar our picks:
- PERFECT SIZE FOR KIDS: No need to wait until their arms grow to reach those low notes, with a guitar their size, kids can learn to play from an early age and switch to a full-sized model once they've grown in size and skill
- Recommended for children 3 years and up, this mini electric guitar set has an attractive blue color and smooth finish. The blue finish over wood grain is a very appealing effect you don't see often, and the light wood neck stands out against the dark blue body to make for a beautiful guitar.
- 30-inch Guitar Length, 20-inch scale with 21 frets. Right-handed kid’s electric guitar is ideal for beginners
- Recommended for children 3 years and up, this mini electric guitar set has an attractive pink color and smooth finish.
- GREAT GIFT IDEAL - Double cutaway style 30 inches mini electric guitar with 21 fret & 19.69” scale length perfect for 4 - 10 years old right-handed children
Last update on 2021-06-20 at 13:43 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Squier Mini Strat Electric Guitar is a beginner electric guitar that is fully competent. With 20 frets, it is ideal for little hands. Characteristics 3 single-coil pickups, master volume and tone controls, rosewood fretboard, and a hardtail bridge.
So, although this is a guitar just, instead of a whole bundle is much more affordable. Do not believe it’s only for the children either. It’d make a great traveling guitar for grownups.
This guitar is perfect for younger players or adults with small hands who may fight with full-size instruments. So 3/4 size and In case you have a budding prodigy in your hands, it’s entirely appropriate for five or 6-year-olds upwards, perhaps even younger.
The fretboard is rosewood with 20 frets and sits on a maple neck with a 9.5″ radius. If you’re new to guitars, this means it’s a cozy neck to play both for chords and lead.
It’s perfect for anybody with little hands, or for the cost, this guitar can not be beaten! Additionally, it is a fantastic traveling guitar!
This guitar has an attractive black finish. Not only are you going to get a guitar, however, but you will also get guitar strap, cable wire, an amp, and guitar picks. Your kid and their favorite melodies will likely be playing with commitment and training.
I have played with the guitar for several years, and among the very first things I take into consideration is the capability to be tuned but to remain in tune for a suitable interval of a guitar. That’s to say one isn’t always having the re melody it.
That standard was satisfied by this guitar. Next was the sound. I must confess I was happily surprised by the sound of the amp as well as the pick up on the guitar.
This guitar is not large, so I’d urge the age ten and under unless they’re small for their age. It seems excellent also and has an excellent appearance. The amp is tiny but has unique sound.
This is a excellent merchandise. Quality is outstanding; the sound is fantastic. I purchased my Son this Guitar, and it’s been well worth my cash.
This guitar is an excellent spot to begin for children age 10 or 9, I’d say. Hardshell case and the guitar are a unique mix to get your young one started out playing the right guitar, and Rondo Music will get them to you quickly. It’s exceptional for someone who’s between 4’2″ and 4’10”, or for a bigger man who only needs a smaller device for maybe when one goes.
The double-cutaway, solid basswood body, enables access to the highest frets — Die-Cast chrome tuners. The shape is contoured for hours of comfortable play. It’s three single-coil pickups, one volume and two tone controls, plus a five-way pickup selector switch to create all of the fantastic sounds of today.
The guitar is equipped with six adjustable saddles along with a truss rod flexible neck with classic fulcrum bridge! Maple adds firmness. Rosewood fretboard has 21 jumbo frets. Solid basswood body. The bundle contains all you must begin playing: Educational DVD, Guitar Amp, Guitar, Guitar Bag, Strap, and Cable!
Overall, I enjoy the coloring and design, and its a great looking guitar for an adequate cost. The amp had a great sound, and although it does not sound super, its just right for a beginner, and for playing in the house.
Choose Right Size For Your Children
- Is your child seven years or under? 1/2 size guitars are what you need.
- For ages 8-11, your best bet would be a 3/4 size guitar.
- Full-size guitars are more suited for adults and children above the age of 11.
If your child is very young, you shouldn’t buy him or her a full-size guitar. It will be more challenging to play this guitar, and your child may become frustrated.
He or she may not enjoy playing, and this is the last thing you want.
Your child needs a guitar that s/he can be comfortable with. A guitar that will help your child develop his or her talent.