Bass Subwoofers include a fresh dimension to sound & music, which is irreplaceable, and thanks to its wonderful qualities, most people are paying a great deal to purchase subwoofer systems.
In this write-up, we will focus on numerous tips for people who plan to invest in a subwoofer for the very first time. However, before we move over to tips to purchase, let us discuss the nature of subwoofers and the reasons to buy them.
Top 5 Bass Subwoofer
Last update on 2021-10-21 at 10:55 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Bass Subwoofer Buying Guide
As you might be aware of the various sounds in songs, films, as well as video games, are made up of differing frequencies. The majority of these sound frequencies are capable of being handled by regular speakers and amplifiers. But in the case of more complex sounds, these speakers and amplifiers are incapable of transmitting the magnitude of sound frequencies at the same time. Hence this leads to a distortion and a delay in the relaying of the sound.
Bass has a low-frequency signal, which is usually tough for speakers to handle. The standard speakers are incapable of transmitting bass correctly as a proper bass-compatible speaker needs a lot of power, and hence, most speakers fail in this aspect.
Engineers have identified this issue, and hence, they have designed subwoofers. The main task of subwoofers is to process and transmit signals which have a shallow frequency. You can incorporate subwoofers into the primary system or can also include them in your present sound system.
Subwoofers are not like conventional speakers, and hence, they can sustain the strong bass signals which are emitted through the medium through which they are played. Bass also enhances the sound quality and is pleasing to the ears. In case you wish to have a subwoofer for your home or car, then you can read these tips to be able to get the best deal.
1. You can opt for a high-end subwoofer if you can afford it. But in case you are hard-pressed for cash, then you have a host of options such as Polk or Yamaha, which are available on sale. You can even wait for these subwoofers to be made available on sale if you wish to get a better deal.
2. You need to consider the size of the subwoofer. Not the actual size of the body, but the size of the cone of the speaker is essential. An ideal subwoofer speaker should measure at least 9 inches. In case you can locate a subwoofer that is not too costly and has perfect signal processing and has a 12-inch speaker, then it is an apt purchase.
3. In case you intend to purchase the subwoofer for your car, then you can buy a hardwood enclosure to protect the subwoofer from the jerks and vibrations while driving.
4. Wireless subwoofers are a better choice; however, they are a bit costly. You can easily opt for the wired subwoofers as well, and these give you an enhanced quality of output.
How to choose the Best Bass Subwoofers
With bass, the quality of the sound is elevated to great heights and is the reason why woofers and subwoofers are so important. They add character to the music, which would otherwise sound flat and boring. Subwoofers are to sound systems that bass guitars are to musical instruments.
This article today will center on the critical points that must be followed while choosing subwoofers and what all needs to be kept in mind. Moreover, what bass is and why subwoofers are essential to the setup of the system are also explored.
Usually, a sound system consisting of a simple arrangement of speakers is good enough for everyday use, like gaming, music, and movies. But we all know that’s hardly the case. In today’s world of make-believe immersion, sound plays a very critical role, and the standard speakers are no longer able to cut the cake. What you need in scenarios like these is a subwoofer that has a dedicated channel for the low frequencies so that the speakers can reproduce the high rates with ease. That’s the whole point in having a subwoofer system.
Compared to other frequencies, the bass is a shallow frequency that can bring even the most hardcore speakers to the vicinity of their knees, and this means that sharing such a load is of paramount importance. A subwoofer allows you to do just that.
The Engineering fraternity was quick to know about the fallacy of the standard speaker systems in producing clear bass sounds, and that’s the reason why the subwoofer was conceptualized and realized. With subwoofers, you can be sure that all frequencies of the sound spectrum are accurately reproduced, and this makes the sound more realistic.
As the name suggests, and as has been mentioned already, the primary job of the subwoofer system is to make sure that the bass notes are accurately reproduced, and this takes the burden away from the other speakers that cannot do the same. If you are on the lookout for a decent solution for all your subwoofer needs, here are some quick tips that can potentially help you out.
1. If you have the money, then you have the quality. This is the standard maxim that is used in the subwoofer industry.
Quality does not come cheap. It does not mean that if you are spending low, you will have to contend with an affordable solution that will not last even months.
There are good brands out there like Polk and Yamaha that sell you quality at a reasonable price, and if you are unwilling to pay the full price, you can just wait for these speakers to go on sale.
2. Subwoofers are all about size because a larger size hints at a better subwoofer as it has enhanced the ability to reproduce sounds from the lowest frequencies. But you do not have to look at the overall size of the speaker itself.
Just concentrate your efforts on the size of the cone, and typically, a size of 9 inches is more than enough. If you manage to find a cheaper Subwoofer with intelligent signal processing and where the speaker is 12 inches or above, then you can think yourself very lucky.
3. Rely on the hardwood enclosure if you want to install the subwoofer in your car. The hardwood enclosure will ensure that the endless vibrations in the car will do little to dent the quality of the sound output.
4. Generally speaking, the wireless subwoofers are more expensive than their wired counterparts, but having said that, wired subwoofer systems are just as good, or can even provide better output.